Your pool is growing, that is amazing!
Your pool and founding members should be hosting conversations where you chat about the type of new pooler you want to be added.
Your pool’s mission statement will help guide the initial process of finding new members (if you are in the Seed Pool, the potential member will have raised their Seed round).
It is important that the candidate aligns with the existing goals and potential new ones of your pool.
There are things that you should consider as a pool in addition to your mission statement. To name a few:
- What industry do they work in?
- What is their company stage or entrepreneurship stage?
- Do you want early-stage or more developed career paths?
- What traits are most important to your pool that they have?
- Is their job history important?
- Are there companies a pooler worked at that you want to avoid? Embrace?
It might also be helpful to rank the questions by the level of importance. Some may value job history over the current company stage. What do you value most?
Communicating with your pool about these questions will help you find what you value. Overall, your founding members will help lead this conversation but you should engage too since you are a member of the community too.
Pando will be here to advise and help your pool find their all-star cohort, but overall -- you’ll come to find that together you will know what is best for your pool’s future.
Call to Action: Being aware of the qualities you want in a pool mate helps with the vetting process. If you are having trouble, reach out to another pool founder to connect or shoot us an email at: email@example.com.
- Use your mission statement to help guide evaluating new members.
- Consider the above questions.
- Your founding members will help lead this conversation but you should engage too since you are a member of the community too.